The perfect night sleep starts long before you get into bed
1. 6 hours before bed stop drinking caffeine
2. Finish eating dinner 2-3 hours before going to bed
3. Stop exercising 2 hours before going to bed
4. Stop working, studying and stressing at least 1 hour before going to bed
5. Turn off all electronics 1 hour before going to sleep, such as laptop, iPad, television, etc.
6. Don’t start any new activities an hour before going to bed, as getting into the mindset of going to bed actually helps you to actually fall asleep.
7. Have a cup of herbal tea, such as peppermint, lavender, chamomile, valerian, passion flower, lemon balm and magnolia tea. Herbal tea can help you relax before bedtime.
8. Read a book, meander you way through a favourite book before getting in bed to help power down from a hectic day.
9. Shower and brush your teeth an hour before going to bed. Getting into this routine teaches your body that whenever you shower and brush your teeth at night, sleep is sure to come soon.
10. Invest in a good mattress. All these strategies are null and void if you’re sleeping on an uncomfortable mattress! Your health depends on getting a good night’s rest, so you want to be sure that your mattress is up to the challenge